Every year, IHA honors hospitals and health systems for their superlative work developing and implementing quality improvement initiatives that have real impact. Our Quality Excellence Achievement Awards recognize initiatives that further the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Triple Aim and the Institute of Medicine’s six aims for improvement.
- Submissions are open to all IHA members, as well as non-members engaged in collaborative work with an IHA member.
- Projects may be submitted to the following project categories: Behavioral Health, Care Coordination, Infection Prevention, Patient Safety, Population Health and Workplace Safety. Palliative Care projects should be submitted under Care Coordination.
- Hospitals may submit a maximum of one submission per category and each project requires a separate submission.
- Projects must reflect current improvement activities and show engagement in the past 12 months. Projects can be ongoing or completed.
- Submissions will be scored based on the problem statement and project goals, team composition, improvement planning and implementation, results and impact, sustainability, and scope and spread. Extra credit may be earned if submissions demonstrate impact at the community, regional or state level.
- A national panel of healthcare quality experts will judge the submissions. Award recipients will be notified in early August.
- Awards will be presented at the 2018 IHA Leadership Summit on September 26, 2018.