IHA is excited to launch the second cycle of the Partners In Progress Innovation Challenge. This is open to all IHA HIIN members.
Unlike most innovation challenges that focus on identifying new-to-the-world innovations, the Partners In Progress Challenge focuses on innovations that are already showing promise. These innovations could have a greater impact on patient outcomes if they were adopted by more providers.
Our aim is to leverage the reach of the IHA and the talent of our HIIN hospital members to break down barriers that have slowed the spread of high impact innovations to improve the lives of our patients.
- Submissions are open to all IHA HIIN members.
- Hospitals may submit a maximum of three innovation applications. Each innovation requires a separate submission. Previous Innovation Challenge award winners may re-apply with a new innovation(s).
- Projects must reflect and be able to demonstrate at least a 20% improvement in any HIIN HAC area (12% improvement in readmissions) to be considered for funding.
- Submissions will be evaluated based on the problem statement and project goals, team composition, innovation description and implementation, results and impact, sustainability, and scope and spread. Extra credit may be earned if submissions meaningfully include the patient voice in planning, implementation, and/or evaluation.
- Six finalists will be chosen to present their innovations to a panel of healthcare leaders in mid-December. Three of the finalists will be chosen as Innovation Challenge winners.